I

I

1. I got a new coat in that store last week.

上礼拜我在那家店买了一件新外套。

2. But I think our offer is reasonable and realistic.

不过我认为我们的报价是现实的、合理的。

3. I gave him a baseball mitt for his birthday.

为祝贺他的生日,我送给他一只棒球手套。

4. As a matter of fact, I've never been there before.

事实上我从未到过那儿。

5. I get the house all shipshape while he is away.

他不在的时候,我把房子打扫得干干净净,整整齐齐。

6. I did profit by the advice they gave me.

他们给我提的意见的确对我有很大好处。

7. He did the work so badly that I had to do it all over again myself.

他干的太差劲了,我只好亲自重做。

8. He uses his loaf where you and I just muddle along.

他开动脑筋想办法,你我则糊里糊涂混日子。

9. I was paging through a magazine when he came in.

他进来时我在翻阅一本杂志。

10. So far from taking my advice, he went and did just what I warned him against.

他非但不接受我的劝告,反而去做了我告诫他别做的事。

11. I don't care a brass farthing where you go.

你上哪儿去,我才不管呢!

12. I will go, provided that you go too.

你也去的话我就去。

13. I commiserate with you on the loss of your mother.

你母亲逝世,我特向你慰问。

14. If I had my way, I'd go to the movies tonight.

假如我做得到的话,我今晚会去看电影。

15. I have little compunction in doing it.

做这件事我没有什么不安。

16. As to the author of the book, I will hazard a guess.

关於这本书的作者,我来试猜一下。

17. I bought a pair of tan leather shoes the other day.

前几天我买了双棕褐色的皮鞋。

18. Ouch! The sand is so hot! I can burn my feet.

哎哟!沙子这么烫!会烫伤脚的。

19. I really wanted to slap her during the meeting.

在开会的时候我真想赏她一巴掌。

20. I will pay nothing under compulsion.

在强迫之下我分文也不愿付。

21. Joe and I worked in harness on our last job.

在最近的一次任务中,乔与我通力合作。

22. She and I can't live under the same roof.

她和我不能住在一起。

23. She didn't attend to what I was saying.

她对我所说的话未加注意。

24. She was one of the rather clever girls I met.

她是我所看见的相当聪明的女孩中的一个。

25. Her eyes are the most catching I have ever seen.

她的眼睛是我见到过的最迷人的。

26. If you do harm to me I shall not look over you.

如你对我使坏,我可不饶恕你。

27. I can give you a round neckline if you prefer.

如果您喜欢我可以给您开个圆领口。

28. Guo is the bravest policeman I have ever seen.

小郭是我所见到的最勇敢的警察。

29. After a week's work I like to retreat to the country to relax.

工作一周之後,我喜欢躲到乡下松弛一下。

30. I hope you can pardon his badness and let him start all over again.

希望您能原谅他的不好,让他从新开始。

31. Thanks to I had tied then the safety belt.

幸亏我当时系上了安全带。

32. As I was waiting for a bus a brick fell on my head.

当我在等公共汽车时,一块砖头落到了我的头上。

33. The little dog whimpered when I tried to bathe its wounds.

当我想给那小狗清洗伤口时它悲嗥起来。

34. I am afraid you have not appreciated the urgency of the matter.

恐怕你还没有意识到这件事的紧迫性。

35. I'm afraid we are in for a spot of trouble.

恐怕我们是一定要遇到麻烦了。

36. I am afraid the last post has been dispatched.

恐怕末班邮件已经发出了。

37. I'm afraid the unexpected accident may botch up the dinner tonight.

恐怕这意想不到的事故会把今天的晚宴搞糟。

38. I'm afraid the old gramophone has conked out.

恐怕这架旧唱机已出故障了。

39. I shudder to recall those days of humiliation.

想起那些屈辱的日子,真是不寒而栗。

40. I haven't got a clue about the train schedule.

我一点都不知道这个列车时刻表。

41. I have never heard such silly drivel in all my life.

我一生中从未听到过这样的蠢话。

42. I won't let him get away with that excuse.

我不会让他用那种借口蒙混过去。

43. I hit him fair and square on the jaw.

我不偏不倚打中他的下巴。

44. I cut myself on the cheek with my razor.

我不小心被刮胡刀割伤了脸颊。

45. I had to listen to the whole nauseating story.

我不得不从头到尾听那令人作呕的故事。

46. I disavow all responsibility for you.

我不承认对你有任何责任。

47. More than once I've felt my heart slip a cog.

我不止一次感到心脏突然停跳一下。

48. I was roped in for this excursion before I knew it.

我不知不觉被拉来参加了这次远足旅行。

49. He and I were shipmates on a trawler once.

我与他一度同在一艘拖网船上工作。

50. I bought a run-down farm house and plan to fix it up.

我买了一间破败的农舍,打算整修整修。

51. I'm not feeling up to snuff today.

我今天觉得不大舒服。

52. I look at this problem from a different viewpoint.

我从不同的观点来看这个问题。

53. I peep out the porthole and see a sea of clouds.

我从飞机的舷窗向外张望,看到一片云海。

54. I used to look on him as a friend.

我以前把他看作是一位朋友。

55. I hope you will behave with decorum at the funeral.

我们希望你在葬礼上做到得体有礼。

56. I'll do everything possible to help you.

我会尽一切可能帮助你。

57. I scrubbed hard at the stain to see if I could get it off.

我使劲擦这个污迹,看能不能将它去掉。

58. I will never swerve from my declared policy on this matter.

我决不背离我已经宣布的在这个问题上的政策。

59. I'm going to give the house a good cleanup.

我准备把屋子好好打扫一下。

60. I was frantic to finish the report on schedule.

我十万火急地要按预定时间完成报告。

61. I find his racist views totally repugnant.

我十分厌恶他的种族主义观点。

62. I worried half the night and have a fitful sleep.

我半个晚上都一直在担心,故而时醒时睡。

63. Do you mind if I draw up the blinds?

我卷起窗帘你不反对吧?

64. I stop with my brother while I am in Beijing.

我去北京总是住在哥哥家里。

65. Please keep the watch for me while I go swimming.

我去游泳,请代我保管这表。

66. I had a rude awakening when I found myself on the verge of bankruptcy.

我发现自己已到了破产边缘时才猛然意识到事情不妙。

67. I was inspired to work harder than ever before.

我受激励比以往任何时候都更加努力地工作。

68. I'm just trying to refrain from drowsing at work.

我只是试着别在工作时打瞌睡而已。

69. I just want an ordinary car without the frills.

我只要一辆没有多余装饰的普通汽车。

70. I told her to pipe down but she still babbled on.

我叫她闭嘴,可她还是唠叨个没完。

71. I'll overlook your lateness this time.

我可以不计较你这一次的迟到。

72. I took a sleeping pill and soon came over drowsy.

我吃了一片安眠药,很快就昏昏欲睡了。

73. I changed my plan in deference to your opinion.

我听从你的意见,改变了计划。

74. I heard his footsteps in the hall.

我听见大厅里有他的脚步声。

75. I heard John was the republican's great white hope.

我听说约翰是共和党人寄予巨大希望的人。

76. I concur with him in many points.

我和他在许多论点上意见是一致的。

77. I like to curl up with a story book.

我喜欢蜷曲而卧着看故事书。

78. I got hollered at for not doing my homework.

我因为没做功课而被责骂。

79. I hit on the book in a small book shop.

我在一家小书店里偶然发现了这本书。

80. I am at friendship hotel. My name is Wang Tao.

我在友谊宾馆,我是王涛。

英语宝典
考试词汇表