condescending

condescending

1. Carrie smiled genially, grateful that he should condescend to advise her even so much.

"嘉莉温柔地微微一笑,很感激他屈尊赐教,给她提供那么多忠告。

2. A Query About Li Bai "Not Condescending to Take the Imperial Examinations"

"李白不屑科举说"考辨

3. Condescending and tender, he does not weary of us, but awaits to be gracious still.

祂谦卑并温柔,对我们永不厌倦,反而等著要施恩于我们。

4. That's very condescending of you!

((讽刺))你真是太好了!

5. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of   low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

16要彼此同心。不要志气高大,倒要俯就卑微的人。(人或作事)不要自以为聪明。

6. And You have given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your condescending gentleness has made me great.

36你把你救恩的盾牌赐给了我,你的温和俯就使我为大。

7. “You're kidding, left?” shout John in a condescending tfirst.

“你在开玩笑吧?”约翰以一种居高临下的口气说。

8. I think Jesse Campigotto's article was a little condescending to the effort put forth by the Chinese.

“我和你”这首歌是的奥运会旗交接的时候如此让人感动!

9. " But the condescending attitude behind these words just piqued my curiosity.

“言下之意仍是不屑,倒弄得我越发好奇。

10. 'Come in, Mr Dance,' says he, very stately and condescending.

“进来,丹斯先生。” 他摆着架子非常庄重地说。

11. Some people will never condescend to help their wives with the housework.

一些人从不肯屈尊就驾帮他们的妻子料理家事。

12. Some of our neighbours quite justifiably find us overbearing, boastful and condescending towards them.

一些邻国的人民也觉得新加坡人很傲慢、喜欢自夸和看不起他们。这些说法并不是毫无根据的。

13. The long, boring, aggravatingly rehearsed and condescending story.

一次漫长、乏味、故意贬低自己、令人生气的逢场作戏。

14. "A pandering epic that's as phony as it is condescending."

一部用来拉皮条的史诗,充斥着自我优越感和虚假造作.

15. Something in the other's solicitude and interest made her feel as if she were the one to condescend.

万斯太太的关心和热情,有点使她觉得自己是屈就的一方了。

16. Several people complained that the talk came across as rudely "professorial", condescending, or arrogant.

不少人抱怨说,我的这个演讲太“专业化”了,是一种贬抑、高傲的姿态。

17. won't condescend to acknowledge his rival's greeting;

不愿屈尊答谢他的对手的问候;

18. Don't condescend to me!

不要用恩赐态度对待我!

19. It's never a good idea to coldcock a Federad agent, but when they use this condescending tone, I should go ahead and do it.

与弗德洛德代理公司作对从来都不是什么好主意,可是他们采用如此傲慢无礼的态度,我必须冲上去和他们对抗.

20. Be passionate, condescending and have good communication ability which makes me exchange thoughts and cooperate with coworkers without any obstacles.

个人热情的性格,谦虚谨慎的作风,和良好的沟通能力将使得自己与客户和同事间的交流毫无障碍,并善于团队协作;

21. Human nature, as irrepressible as it is, will always manage to condescend somehow.

人的天性往往会想办法让别人感觉到他的地位比较低。

22. The condescending view (of the rich) from the fiftieth floor of the city's crowds below cuts these people off from humanity (they don't look like real human beings).

从摩天大楼的五十层楼上屈尊俯就地光顾楼下的芸芸众生。这些富人们就会感觉到他们与这些芸芸众生仿佛不是同类;

23. He did not condescend to answer.

他不愿屈尊回答。

24. He did not condescend to answer. He turned his back on me.

他不愿屈尊回答我的问题。他不理睬我。

25. They should change this bad habit and condescend to be pleased what is pleasing.

他们应该改变这种不好的习惯,而屈身去和正常人一同欢笑。

26. You’ve got your “together“ thinperson ,your mechanical thin person ,your condescending thinperson,your tsk-tsk think person,your efficiency-expert thin person.

他们有的是“全能超人”,不懂装懂,有的机械呆板,有的盛气凌人,有的喋喋不休,有的风风火火,急于求成。

27. He has a condescending attitude towards women.

他对女性总是居高临下。

28. He did not condescend to their society, he seemed glad of it.

他并不是自贬身价地与她们交往,而是似乎乐于与她们交往。

29. He gave her a critical and condescending look-over.

他用迁就的眼光细细地端详了她一下。

30. His condescending attitude really gets my back up.

他那种居高临下的恩赐态度实在使我很生气。

31. Perhaps your father would condescend to help with the washing-up!

令尊大人或可纡尊降贵帮助刷锅洗碗吧!

32. behave in a patronizing and condescending manner.

以让人领情或高人一等的态度对待。

33. Elizabeth Bennet, the liveliest and most intelligent of the Bennet girls, overhears the newcomer making condescending remarks about the local provincial society.

伊丽莎白在班纳特家姑娘中是最活泼、最聪慧的一位,她无意中听到这位新来者十分高傲地贬评当地庸俗的社交界。

34. But after re-reading 方寸’s tutoring essay and with a second thought, I’m still able to taste the smelly sour sapor of tongue-in-cheek condescending manner despite of my retard capability of perceive.

但在重新阅读方寸之辅导作文和一个第二个想法,我仍然能够品尝臭酸味味的开玩笑居高临下的方式,尽管我的能力,认为延缓。

35. But he would never condescend to sell(his land)

但是他决不肯纡尊降贵地出卖土地。

36. You may think talking down to your co-workers will build you up, but a condescending attitude will not make you appear stronger. It will, however, make your co-workers resent you.

你也许认为居高临下的和同事讲话可以建立你的威信,但是高傲的态度并不会让你看起来更强,反而会让你的同事憎恨你。

37. Will you condescend to argue with him?

你会屈尊和他一般见识吗?

38. You’ve got your “together” thin person,your mechanical thin person,your condescending thin person,your tsk-tsk thin person,your eficiency-expert thin person.

你会遇见诸如精明的瘦人,呆板机械的瘦人,谦逊的瘦人,啧啧挑剔的瘦人亦或是效率专家般的瘦人。

39. Do you think in judgment or in a condescending manner about self or others?

你是否在以批判的方式思考,或者以认为自己或他人高人一等的方式来思考呢?

40. You'd better condescend upon particulars.

你最好详述其情。

41. You should never condescend or look down on a co-worker.

你永远也不应该瞧不起或以屈尊的态度对待同事。

42. You should never make the mistake of condescending to your employees.

你绝不能居高临下地对待你的雇员。

43. Would you condescend to accompany me?

你肯屈尊陪我吗?

44. It was greatly surprising to Tom that ladies of standing in society, often of rank and fashion, should condescend to utter sentiments couched in the language of the fish market.

使汤姆十分惊讶的是,社会地位很高的、有时还是贵族社会和上流社会的贵妇们,怎么会自贬身价,用下流粗话来发泄感情。

45. For example, if you talk to others as if you were a teacher and they students, they may perceive that your way of talking frames as condescending or pedantic.

例如,如果你和别人谈话,你假定自己是老师,而他人是学生的话,他们会感觉到你以高人一等或是卖弄学问的方式去和他们谈话。

46. We are very willing to accept new types of material as well spend time on the comprehension of the connotation of ingredients but never take a condescending position on those popular jargons.

例如:所谓的奈米技术,固然能使分子变小,但反而破坏了原有的细胞存活率,但坊间并未加查察,而生产者更将奈米神话般的奉为圭臬!

47. If do not have method really, must be in sitting room repast, so would rather condescend tea table.

假如实在没办法,一定要在客厅就餐,那么宁可屈就茶几。

48. "During the course of the last few days, she has said I am an elitist, out of touch, condescending," said Senator Obama.

克林顿参议员在辩论中极力攻击奥巴马有关宾州小城镇选民不满情绪的言论。

49. Visitors to this, condescending, you can enjoy the Kunming Lake and Jishi Li outside the beautiful scenery.

内供接引佛,每月望朔,慈禧在此烧香礼佛。游人至此,居高临下,可以饱览昆明湖及几十里以外的明媚风光。

50. A few years back, I asked this question to someone who worked in the world of web ads and I received a snarky (and condescending) answer: middle America.

几年前,我曾向一位从事网络广告方面工作的朋友提出过这样的问题,并得到了以下答案(甚至可以说得上是恩赐):美国中部居民。

51. With the attack has condescending back has the advantages of mountain barriers, the use of stones, bowling and other weapons with the enemy on many occasions engaged in a fierce battle.

凭借攻有居高临下、退有山野屏障的优势,利用石块、滚木等武器与敌人多次展开了激烈的战斗。

52. Courage, not condescending, “It'll be ok.Don't worry,” but strong and faithful courage.

勇气,不去屈尊的”会没事的,别担心“用去,而是具有强烈程度的,充满信心的勇气。

53. "It's condescending, it's weird and it't a little creepy," Mr. Bode said, "But there's nothing punitive about them saying, 'Well, if people want to come here and stay with the animals, they can'.

博登先生说“这是有点降低人格的,是不可思议的,甚至有点令人害怕不安的,”“不过他们所说的‘如果有人愿意来这里和动物呆在一起,他们可以来。 ’这话没有惩罚的意思。

54. When giving a talk, be careful not to condescend to your audience.

发表讲话时,注意别对听众表现出高人一等的样子。

55. To condescend to and serve the enemy

变节事仇

56. In addition, dozens of copyright books are in the process of translating, welcome colleagues condescend to inquire.

另有大量版权图书正在翻译之中,欢迎同仁垂询。

57. As long as anyone who uses those condescending eyes to look upon me, I will kill him!

只要谁用那屈尊的眼神看着我,我就会杀了他!

58. Mrs Smith is always condescending,so her neighbours keep her at arm's length.

史密斯夫人总是自以为高人一等,所以邻居们对她敬而远之。

59. The Democrats, meanwhile, strike some white men as effete, cosmopolitan and condescending.

同时民主党人也在攻击一些白人的颓废,到处漂泊和屈尊俯就。

60. Reactions that betray disapproal,embarrassment,impatience,or boredom block communication,as do any behaiors that condescend,stereotype,criticize,or belittle the patient.

和其他谦逊、老套、责怪或轻视病人的行为一样,从反应中透露出来的反对、窘迫、急躁或者厌倦会妨碍交流。

61. He tends to adopt a condescending manner when talking to young women.

和年轻女子说话时,他喜欢摆出一副高高在上的姿态。

62. Welcome old and new customers to condescend to inquire and order.

品种多样,档次品质高,价格适中,欢迎新老客户垂询定购。

63. JOEY: Hey, look, I don't need you getting all judgemental and condescending and pedantic.

嘿!我不需要你在这里对我指指点点!

64. He had, it is true, during the whole time continually felt as though she were condescending to him.

固然他自始至终都觉得她好像是在俯就他。

65. Engrave in Egyptian pyramid profound last home way a solemn dignity of voodoo:Who bothered the pharaoh's hospice, the wing of Azrael would condescend to come on his head.

在埃及金字塔幽深的墓道里,刻着一名庄重威严的咒语:谁打扰了法老的安宁,死神的翅膀就将降临在他头上。

66. In everybody's description, yang Zhiyuan is furtive of li of expression delightful and condescending.

在所有人的描述中,杨致远私下里表现的令人愉快和谦逊。

67. The best of all is, that he does it all himself personally, not delegating the task of love, but condescending himself to rescue and preserve his most unworthy servant.

在爱的工作上祂并不要派代表,反而亲自降世来拯救保全祂最不配的仆人。

68. Elinor would ever condescend to anticipate enjoyment.

埃莉诺能够委屈自己一下去预想这种乐趣。

69. What a cunning way to condescend

多么狡猾的转变

70. She does not condescend to such little things

她不屑理睬那种小事。

71. She adtually condescend to say hello to me in the street today

她今天在街上竟能屈尊跟我打招呼

72. She actually condescend to say hello to me in the street today.

她今天在街上竟能屈尊跟我打招呼。

73. She found them bureaucratic, distant and condescending to those they sought to help.

她发现那些老爷们都是一副官僚的嘴脸,对待他们应该帮助的人既冷漠又高高在上。

74. She sashayed past, not condescending to look at us.

她神气活现地走了过去,连看也不愿看我们一眼.

75. She's so condescending!

她隐藏优越感太惺惺作态。

76. She is so proud that she will not condescend to speak to us.

她非常骄傲,不肯放下架子同我们说一句话。

77. The time has come to turn away from the condescending policies of paternalism

如今已到了扬弃那种家长制的降格相求政策的时刻。

78. If you equivocate,it's an indicaion that you're unsure of yourself and what you're doing.It's also what politicians do all the time,and I find it inappropriate,insulting and condescending.

如果你说话总是含糊其词,那就暗示你对自己和所做的事没有信心.通常政客们是这样做的,不过我觉得这种做法既不合时宜,也不合礼节,同时像是对别人的一种居高临下的恩赐.

79. If some condescending wine steward patronized me because he saw I knew nothing about fine wine, I'd refuse to patronize his restaurant.

如果某个傲慢的酒店服务员看出我对好酒一窍不通因而以神气十足的态度对待我,那么,我就不愿再光顾他的酒店。

80. If some condescending wine steward patronized me because he saw I knew nothing about fine wine, I’d refuse to patronize his restaurant.

如果某个傲慢的酒店服务员看出我对好酒一窍不通因而以神气十足的态度对待我,那么,我就不愿再光顾他的酒店。

英语宝典
考试词汇表