d

d

1. The "d" in "grandpa" has been lost by assimilation to "p".

"grandpa"中的"d"因受"p"的同化而不发音。

2. Wheel A turns half as fast again as Wheel D.

A轮转动比D轮快半倍。

3. B, c, d, f, etc. are consonants.

B,c,d,f等都是辅音字母。

4. A key or scale in which D is the tonic.

D键,D阶以D音为主调音的琴键或音阶

5. "I'd be better off dead," the poor old man said.

“我倒不如死了的好。”可怜的老头说。

6. The new job was a bit daunting at first but it was all right once I'd got my eye in.

一开始,那个新工作有点使人灰心丧气,但是一旦我获得了需要的能力,也就没什么了。

7. No, nothing oh, just a minute, I'd like some soap too, please.

不用。哦, ... 等一下,请拿几块肥皂来。

8. No. If playing his dirty game is the only way of winning an election I'd rather lose.

不行。如果像他那样玩弄卑鄙的手段是赢得选举胜利的唯一方法的话,我宁愿输掉选举。

9. Anyway, I'd like to see thing myself.

不过,我想亲自看一看。

10. No, I'd rather go to the Ming Tombs. I'm longing to have a look at the gigantic stone sculptures, so majestic!

不,我宁愿去明十三陵。我渴望看一看那些巨大的石雕,多么宏伟啊!

11. Rather than travel by car, I'd prefer to walk.

与其乘汽车旅行,我宁可走路。

12. I always know I'd get the job, somehow.

也不知为什么,我总觉得能得到那份工作。

13. So you bought the car for£200? I'd regard that as money well spent.

于是你就花200英镑买了那辆车?那你为那钱花得不亏。

14. A.C. can be changed into D,C. or vice versa.

交流电能变成直流电,反过来直流电也能变成交流电。

15. Judging by its rig, I'd say it was a fishing boat.

从船具装备来看,我认为这是一艘渔船。

16. He's a thief and a liar; I'd have nothing to do with him, if I were you.

他又偷东西又说谎; 我要是你的话,就不跟他来往。

17. He pushed another piece d clothes into the case.

他又往箱子里塞了一件衣服。

18. He quizzed me about where I'd been last night.

他反覆盘问我昨夜在什么地方。

19. He was KO'd (ie knocked out) in the second round.

他在第二回合中被击倒。

20. He catalog(ue)d all the insects in his collection.

他将收集的昆虫编成目录。

21. He popped off about the injustice d the verdict.

他抱怨判决不公。

22. His father apprentice d him to a barber.

他父亲让他学理发。

23. His inference bollix d up the whole deal.

他的推论把整个事情弄糟了。

24. He has a face I'd like to punch.

他的老脸该打。

25. He's so cocksure I'd love to see him proved wrong.

他过分自信--我倒想看看他栽跟头.

26. He chose Germany, but personally I'd prefer to go to Spain.

他选择了德国,而我个人倒更喜欢西班牙。

27. He asks me when I'd be free this week.

他问我这周何时有空。

28. Heaven forbid! I'd be the last person to say anything like that about you.

但愿不要这样!我是最不愿意那样说你的。

29. But there is also one point I'd like to stress.

但我也有一点想强调一下。

30. Do you think I'd believe a story like that?

你以为我会相信这样的谎话?

31. Hello. I'd like to reserve a table for two for eight o' clock, please.

你好,我要订一张今晚八点两个人的餐桌。

32. You like tennis, while I'd rather read.

你爱打网球,但我爱看书。

33. D: How about your menstrual cycle?

你的月经周期怎样?

34. That's very kind of you, I'd love to.

你真好,我很乐意去。

35. I'd be glad of (ie I'd like) your help/a cup of tea.

你若能帮忙[给我一杯茶]本人十分感激。

36. If I were the headmaster of that school, I'd raise hell with the education office till they got all those potholes in the playground filled.

倘若我是那个学校的校长,我就会和教育局大吵大闹,直到他们把操场上的坑坑洼洼都填平。

37. Given half a chance I'd give up my present job and join a circus.

假使有一点机会,我也要辞去现在的工作去参加马戏团。

38. If I had my way, I'd go to the movies tonight.

假如我做得到的话,我今晚会去看电影。

39. If I went with her, I'd have to be back by five o'clock.

假如我和她一起去的话,我就得在五点钟以前回来啦。

40. On second thought I think I'd better go now.

再三考虑后,我想最好现在走。

41. For two pins I'd tell him what I think of him.

再有个风吹草动,我就把对他的看法挑明了。

42. Goodbye I'd better be pushing along now.

再见吧--我现在该走了。

43. D: What did you vomit, food or blood?

吐出的是什么东西,食物还是血?

44. To hear you talk, I'd think you were Prime Minister.

听你谈话(那口气), 我还以为你是首相呢。

45. Let's turn the television off, I'd sooner read a book.

咱们把电视机关上吧,我宁愿看本书。

46. Hello. This is George Richter. I'd like to speak to Mr. Huang, please.

喂,我是GeorgeRichter。我想跟黄先生讲话。

47. Hello. I am calling from Shanghai. I'd like to book a double room with bath from tonight for five days, please.

喂,我是从上海打来的电话,我要订一个双人房间,须带有浴室,从今晚算起五天。

48. Hello, I'd like to order a large cheese pizza, please.

喂,我要订一个(份)大的乳酪比萨。

49. Hi, Tom! I'd like you to meet my fiend, Sal.

嗨,汤姆。我想请你见见我的朋友莎儿。

50. The prisoner cast about him for a way d escape.

囚犯在他周围寻找逃跑的路径。

51. Go back there? I'd sooner emigrate!

回去? 我宁可移居海外也不回去!

52. The boss gave me a break because I'd been sick.

因为生病,老板给了我方便

53. In today's lecture I'd like to interpret this problem broadly rather than in depth.

在今天的讲课中我想把这个问题阐述得广泛些而不是深入透彻些。

54. During the blizzard I was glad I'd had the foresight to buy enough groceries.

在那场大风雪中,我庆幸自己深谋远虑,事先买了足够的食品杂货。

55. The donjon keep of d'Etampes is a specimen of it.

埃唐普城堡的主塔便是一个样品。

56. Edwina and Lewis D'Orsey were at breakfast.

埃德温娜同刘易斯·多尔西两人正在进早餐。

57. It's rather late, and I think I'd better be getting along.

太晚了,我想我该走了。

58. Having said how much she liked it, she then proceeded to criticize the way I'd done it.

她先表明她非常喜欢这个,然後批评我方法不当。

59. She glommed on to every cent I'd saved.

她拿走了我全部积蓄。

60. She got some orange juice, and I'd like some.

她有些桔子汗,我想要一点。

61. Fine. I'd like a medium sized carp steamed.

好的,给我来一条大小中等的清蒸鲤鱼。

62. Fine. I'd like to reserve one for next month.

好,我想预定一辆,下个月用。

63. If you were in urgent need of the goods, I'd like to recommend article a58.

如您急需这类商品,我想向您推荐A58号产品。

64. If I had some time off this afternoon, I'd like to see a film.

如果今天下午能休息,我真想去看场影。

65. If they offered me the job I'd take it like a shot.

如果他们给我这份工作,我会很乐意接受的。

66. Lucille and I'd love to have you.

如果你们能来,我和露西尔都会很高兴。”

67. If you're thinking of becoming a journalist like me, I'd be the last to discourage you. Come on in, the water's fine!

如果你想象我一样做一个新闻工作者,那我决不会劝阻你。来吧,快来吧!

68. If I owned texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.

如果得克萨斯州与地狱是我的,我会把得克萨斯州租出去而住进地狱里。

69. If I had my way I'd make health catching instead of disease.

如果我可以随心所欲的话,我就会不让疾病而让健康来传染我了。

70. If I wee you, I'd think twice about it.

如果我是你我会三思而后行。

71. If I had a chance to go to the United States I'd take it like a shot.

如果我有机会去美国,我会乐意地接受的。

72. If I can return to Japan, I'd be tickle pink!

如果我能回到日本的话,我一定非常高兴!

73. If there's a buyer for my share of the business, I'd like to cash in my chips.

如果有买主,我愿意把手中的股份卖掉,与公司脱离关系。

74. If somebody offered me a trip to Bermuda I'd be off at the drop of a hat.

如果有人请我去百慕大群岛旅行的话,我会立即出发的。

75. If there is a chance, I'd like to try my luck there.

如果有机会的话,我愿意去那里碰碰运气。

76. If it were up to me, I'd try using another method.

如果由我决定,我就要设法使用另一种方式。

77. If it was a case of now or never I'd understand you driving over even in this fog.

如果这是天赐良机,我也就理解你为什么会在这样的雾天里开车外出了。

78. Many letters in the alphabet such as b, c, d, etc are consonants.

字母表中的许多字母像b,c,d,等等都是辅音字母。

79. The baby's crying; I'd better go and do the needful.

孩子哭了,我最好还是去看看要做些什麽。

80. Excuse me. I'd like to send this letter to china.

对不起,我想把这封航空信寄到中国去。

英语宝典
考试词汇表