m

m

1. "I'm almost certain to get the bullet, " he said.

"我差不多可以肯定这次要被解雇了,"他说道。

2. "I'm fed up on that, " as the baby said pointing to the high chair.

"那里我坐腻了"婴孩指着那张高椅子说。

3. As soon as I can, I'm going to change jobs.

一旦有可能,我就准备换一份工作。

4. If worst comes to worst and I'm driven out by my stepmother I'll go begging.

万一出现最坏的情况,我被继母赶出家门,我就去乞讨。

5. I was not at all well last weekend, but I'm as right as rain now.

上周末我很不舒服,可现在完全好了。

6. Don't bother buttering up to me. I'm too old a hand to be won over by flattery.

不必劳驾来拍我马屁。我可是个老资格,才不吃那一套哩。

7. I don't give a damn what you say, I'm going.

不管你怎麽说,我走定了。

8. No more, thank you-I'm full to the scuppers.

不能再加了,谢谢!-我已经吃得满出来了。

9. Don't worry over me. I'm all right. I'll get along.

不要为我发愁。我没事,我会干好的。

10. Don't worry about meeting my father; I'm sure he'll put you at your ease.

不要怕见我的父亲,我相信他会使你毫不拘束的。

11. No, I'm going to the snack bar to get a doughnut and some milk.

不,我要到小吃店买一个油炸圈饼和一些牛奶。

12. No, I'm going to get a facial massage.

不,我要去做脸部按摩。

13. That's the truth, as sure as I'm standing here.

事情的真相就是如此,就像我站在这儿一样不容怀疑。

14. I can't possibly come out tonight, I'm up to my neck in work.

今晚我不可能出来,我的工作忙得不可开交。

15. When they start talking about economics, I'm out of my depth.

他们一谈起经济学,我就一窍不通了。

16. They can't treat me like that; I'm not going to swallow it.

他们不能这样对待我,我忍不下这口气。

17. He was a boring nuisance! I'm glad to be rid of him.

他这人真讨厌! 我很庆幸能摆脱他的纠缠。

18. But I'm glad to hear you had such a successful trip this time.

但我很高兴地得知你这一趟出差收获甚丰。

19. But I'm not qualified to take on the job.

但我没有条件担任这项工作。

20. You must be out of your mind if you think I'm going to lend you 50!

你以为我会借给你50英镑,你准是疯了!

21. You are my last hope; if you can't help, I'm ruined.

你是我最後的希望,你要是帮不了我,我就完了。

22. You are the very man I'm looking for.

你正是我要找的人。

23. Could you lend me 10? I'm completely broke!

你能借给我10英镑吗? 我一个钱也没有!

24. If you think I'm going to lend you my car you can think again!

你要是以为我能把汽车借给你,你还是另打主意吧。

25. In fact I'm rather surprised you haven't done so already.

你还没有这样做,我实在感到惊讶。

26. Are you insinuating that I'm not telling the truth?

你这是意味着我没讲真话吗?

27. The accommodation is rather rough and ready, I'm afraid.

依我看,这个住处还算差强人意。

28. If I have enough money and time, I'm going to take a trip abroad.

假如我有足够的钱和时间,我准备去国外旅行一次。

29. If I have enough money, I'm going to take a trip abroad.

假如我有足够的钱,我准备去国外旅行一次。

30. As regards that matter I'm quite of your opinion.

关于那件事,我很同意你的意见。

31. Stop pushing me around! I'm quite able to make my own decisions!

别再支配我了!我完全能够自己做主!

32. Do stop chattering on about the weather when I'm trying to read.

别再没完没了地唠叨天气了,我要看书了。

33. Can't you put a sock in it? I'm trying to work.

别出声了好不好? 我要工作呢。

34. Don't distract my attention I'm trying to study!

别分散我的注意力--我正要学习呢!

35. Don't make so much noise. I'm working.

别吵,我在干活。

36. Don't stand on ceremony. I'm no stranger.

别客气,我又不是外人。

37. Don't try to fool me. I'm from Missouri.

别想骗我,我不会相信你的话。

38. Don't try to soft-soap me; I'm not changing my mind.

别给我灌米汤了,反正我不改主意。

39. The doctor says I'm underweight.

医生说我的体重低於标准。

40. They're getting divorced, I hear mind you, I'm not surprised.

听说他们正闹离婚呢--告诉你吧,一点都不奇怪。

41. Let's walk fast in order to keep warm. I'm cold.

咱们快些吧,以保持身体暖和。我感到冷。

42. Can we slow down and walk for a bit? I'm getting a stitch.

咱们放慢速度步行一会儿好吗? 我觉得腰部突然一阵剧痛。

43. Well, I'm stuck here for the duration.

哎,这段时间我只得呆在这儿了。

44. Oh, sorry. I'm used to walking fast.

哦,对不起。我一贯走路很快。

45. Oh good, there is a pub; I'm breaking my neck for a drink.

哦,很好,那里有一家酒店,我急想喝个痛快。

46. Oh, I'm sorry. I can't lay hands on the treasure.

噢,很遗憾,我找不到这宝物。

47. Roll on Christmas! I'm looking forward to all the good food.

圣诞节快点来吧!我期盼着那所有的美味佳肴呢!

48. Just try and keep things ticking over while I'm away.

在我离开的期间,尽量使事情照常进行。

49. John is number one around here and I'm his number two.

在这一带,约翰是个头头,我是他的副手。

50. After eating out of packets and tins for a fortnight while camping. I'm really looking forward to a decent square meal.

在野营中吃了两星期的罐头食品,现在我真想吃一顿象样的美味饭菜。

51. Quite frankly, I'm not surprised.

坦白地说,我并不感到意外。

52. Man, I'm beat. I'm going to hit the sack.

天啊,我累死了。我要去睡觉了。

53. I have a long way to go before dark. I'm going to head out.

天黑前我还有很远的路要走,我得上路了。

54. She saw me: I'm certain of that.

她看见我了,这一点我可以肯定。

55. She's keen and I'm sure she'll succeed given half a chance.

她聪明机智,只要有点儿机会我肯定她会成功。

56. She thinks I'm going out with Jeremy but she's completely on the wrong tack.

她认为我准备同杰里米外出,但是她的想法完全错了。

57. All right, fire away, old chap, I'm listening.

好吧,伙计,说吧,我听着哩。

58. If he thinks I'm going to say yes he's got another think coming!

如果他认为我会说同意的话,那么他就错了!

59. Please ask if you cannot keep track of what I'm telling you.

如果你们听不懂我所讲的话,请提问。

60. If I tell where I'm going, promise you won't split on me?

如果我告诉你我去哪,你愿意保证守口如瓶吗?

61. I had better hit the road if I'm to be back home before dark.

如果我要天黑前到家,我最好现在就动身。

62. Knock it off, kids, I'm trying to sleep!

孩子们,别闹了,我要睡觉了!

63. Perfect. But what I'm concerned about most is the time of delivery.

完全正确。但我最关心的是交货时间。

64. I've chipped a piece out of your table, I'm afraid.

对不起,我把你的桌子碰坏了一小块。

65. I'm sorry I'm late; I was at a meeting and couldn't get away.

对不起,我来晚了。刚才我在开会,不能脱身。

66. I'm sorry I'm late, I slept through the clock this morning.

对不起,我来晚了,今天早晨睡得连闹钟也没听见。

67. As far as I am concerned, I'm not against your plan.

就我而言,我并不反对你的计划。

68. As far as I'm concerned, the beige one is better.

就我而言,米色的那个更好。

69. Nigeria is my home, but I'm living in London just now.

尼日利亚是我的家乡,但现在我住在伦敦。

70. Parry was a very good actor, but I'm afraid he's had his day now.

帕里曾是一位很好的演员,但现在恐怕已经不再走红了。

71. Ordinarily, I find this job easy, but today I'm having problems.

平时我认为这工作很容易,岂知今日却有了问题。

72. Not that I hate the work. I'm not strong enough for it.

并非我讨厌这份工作,而是我不够强壮,无法胜任。

73. I'm afraid I'm none the wiser for your explanation.

很抱歉,我听了你的解释还是不明白。

74. I'm afraid I can't help you just at present I'm too busy.

很抱歉,我现在帮不了你--实在太忙了。

75. I'm afraid I'm not really interested.

很遗憾我实际上没有兴趣。

76. Roll on Christmas! I'm looking forward to all the good food!

快来吧,圣诞节!我可盼着那些好吃的呢!

77. Generally speaking, I'm inclined to agree with you.

总的说来,我比较同意你的意见。

78. On the whole, I'm in favour of the proposal.

总的说来,我赞成这个提议。

79. I've forgotten, I'm afraid! Why don't you ask at the counter?

恐怕我忘了。你怎么不到柜台问一问?

80. I really can't see what relevance is has, I'm afraid.

恐怕我确实看不出那有什么关系。

英语宝典
考试词汇表